Last Updated June 2022
Please also review our Consumer Financial Privacy Notice.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION
Personal Information We Collect From You:
- Biographical and Contact Information: We may collect your name, email address, phone number, mailing address, biographical, and profile information. From founders, we also collect any information contained in the disclosures you make to list your company on the Services.
- Payment Information: Our payment processor(s) will collect the financial information necessary to process your payments, such as your payment card number and authentication details. Please note, however, that we store only a tokenized version of such information and do not maintain payment card information on our servers.
- Financial Information that you choose to share, such as your net worth, annual income, and investor status (i.e., accredited or not accredited).
- Communication Information: We may collect information when you contact us with questions or concerns and when you voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or requests for market research seeking your opinion and feedback.
- Investment Information: We may retain a history of the investments you make using the Services.
Information we obtain from third parties:
- Third-party login information. When you link, connect, or login to the Services with a third party service (e.g. Google, Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter), you direct the service to send us information such as your registration, friends list, and profile information as controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
- Other sources. We may obtain your personal information from other third parties, such as publicly-available sources and data providers.
Internet Activity Information: When you use the Services, we may automatically log the following information:
- Device Information: The manufacturer and model, operating system, browser type, IP address, and unique identifiers of the device you use to access the Services. The information we collect may vary based on your device type and settings.
- Usage Information: Information about how you use our Services, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities. We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google LLC (“Google”) to help collect and analyze Usage Information. For more information on how Google uses this information, click here.
- Email Open/Click Information: We may collect information about the date and time you open or click links in emails we send.
Personal Information We Collect from Third Parties: we may receive personal information from the third parties we rely on to conduct KYC/background checks.
PERSONAL INFORMATION USE
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
Services Delivery, including to:
- Provide, operate, maintain, and secure the Services;
- Create, maintain, and authenticate your account;
- Verify your identity and eligibility to participate in the Services; and
- Process transactions through our third party payment processors.
Communicating with You, including to:
- Send you updates about administrative matters such as changes to our terms or policies; and
- Provide user support, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Services Improvement, including to:
- Improve the Services and create new features;
- Personalize your experience; and
- Create and derive insights from de-identified and aggregated information.
For research and development. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve our Services and our business. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified, or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve our Services and promote our business.
For Direct Marketing: To send you marketing communications, including notifying you of special promotions, offers and events via email and other means.
Compliance and Protection, including to:
- Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- Protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- Audit our compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies; and
- Prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
By making investments through the Services, you instruct us to provide your personal information to the companies you invest in. We may also share personal information with:
- Service Providers, including hosting services, email services, KYC/background check providers, payment processors, customer support services, and analytics services. We take commercially reasonable steps to ensure our service providers adhere to the security standards we apply to your personal information.
- Professional Advisors, such as lawyers and accountants, where doing so is necessary to facilitate the services they render to us.
- Business Transaction Recipients, such as counterparties and others assisting with a merger, acquisition, financing, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, dissolution, asset sale, or similar transaction, and with successors or affiliates as part of or following that transaction.
- Government Authorities, where required to do so for the Compliance and Protection purposes described above.
HOW USERS SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
When individuals use our Services, they may direct us to share information about themselves. Depending on how users use the Services, they may share personal data with:
- Other users, including with other investors and founders.
- The public, through profiles and other details that are visible to others on the Services; this information may become publicly available and can be collected, viewed and used by anyone.
PERSONAL INFORMATION RETENTION
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Where provided for by law and subject to any applicable exceptions, California residents may have the following rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
Under the CCPA, this Notice to California Residents and the privacy practices and rights it describes do not apply to the information we collect, use or disclose about individuals who apply for or establish an account on Launchparty. This is because this information is subject to the federal Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (“GLBA”) and implementing regulations, or the California Financial Information Privacy Act (“CalFIPA”). The GLBA and/or CalFIPA governs the information of users who initiated the process of applying for our financial products or services.
- Know. You can request to know the categories of personal information that Launchparty has collected about you, the business purpose for collecting your personal information, the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected, whether Launchparty has disclosed your personal information for business purposes, the categories of personal information so disclosed, and the categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed your personal information (we provide this information in the Personal Information Collection, Use, and Disclosure sections above);
- Access. You can request access to the specific pieces of personal information that Launchparty has collected about you; and
- Delete. You can request that we delete the personal information we collected from you.
Our Services are not directed to children who are under the age of 18. Launchparty does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 18 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete that information.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and you use the Services at your own risk.
Update or Correct Personal Information: You can contact us and request any updates or corrections needed to keep your personal information accurate, current, and complete.
Opt Out of Marketing Communications: You may opt out of marketing communications by following the unsubscribe instructions in any marketing email we send you. Please note, however, that you may continue to receive communications as described in the Communicating with You section after opting out of marketing communications.
Limit Online Tracking: Here are some of the ways you can limit online tracking:
- Block Cookies: Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Use the following links to learn more about how to control cookies and online tracking through your browser: Firefox ; Chrome;Microsoft Edge; Safari
- Use Privacy Plug-Ins or Browsers: You can block our Services from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, DuckDuckGo, Ghostery or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers. You can also install a browser add-on to opt out of Google Analytics.
Note that the above opt-out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised. You will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
Do Not Track. We currently do not respond to "Do Not Track" or similar signals. Learn more about "Do Not Track" here